Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Poetic Pause

As much as I am LOVING this poetry challenge and the experiences I've had writing poetry for the first time in a decade (or more?), I've decided to take a break.

Already I have gained so much from this experience. I'm really enjoying the energy of poetry much more than I ever have. I'm noticing rhythm and rhyme everywhere. I pulled out a bunch of nursery rhyme books that had been collecting dust on the shelf and the kids and I are having a great time exploring them.

However, I tend to get a little obsessive when I get involved in a creative project. Between this and my Treasure Map, I've been plugging my kids into the TV more than I feel comfortable with.

The fact that I haven't "kept up" for the last three days is causing background angst that I just don't need in my life!

Plus today we woke up to discover that we have NO water. None, not a drop coming out of the faucet. A well company will be coming out to diagnose in a couple of hours.

So my challenge today is to stay positive, relaxed, and flexible as we figure out what the problem is and how much it is going to cost to fix it.

And to laugh every time I forget and try to turn on the water at the faucet, again!

And enjoy my kids and this beautiful sunny day while doing it.

No comments: